This post is all about the salsa that goes with the salmon and the mango used to prepare it.
I love mangoes, ripe or not, and in particular I love them in savory dishes and in particular in salads. I like them paired with fennel, I fancy them with avocadoes, I tried to combine them with beans, but particularly I adore them with tomatoes and red onions. This last pairing is one of those that need to be treasured and remembered like chickpeas and saffron, avocado and lime, mushroom and thyme.
Salsa is a pretty easy recipe and it can be changed according to our taste in multiple ways. You can add olives to it, caper and shallots for a nice Italian inspired version. It can be done with cucumbers and oregano for a fresher one, or with the addition of asparagus, broad bean and parsley for a more spring appropriate version.
The recipe I propose today is a basic simple one with the inclusion of mango, very fresh, very easy, and goes pretty well with salmon, which has a tendency to be quiet greasy, or can be paired with grilled chicken for the meat lovers.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small mango
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- Turn on the oven and set the temperature at 200°C .
- Massage the salmon fillets with one tbsp of oil and add salt and pepper to both sides.
- Place the fillets in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake the salmon for 10 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking peel the mango and chop the pulp into small cubes.
- Cut the tomatoes in quarters.
- Mix mango, tomatoes, one tbsp of oil, coriander and lime juice in a bowl.
- Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve the salmon with the salsa and lime juice.